Fire Extinguisher/Fire Guard Courses
This course requires no prerequisites and meets and exceeds the standards set by OSHA 29 CFR 1910.157(g) requirements.
Familiarize employees with the general principles of fire extinguisher use and hazards involved with incipient stage fire fighting. Students will demonstrate ability to select and safely use effectively a portable fire extinguisher in a controlled live fire training exercise
Students will actively participate in an interactive lecture and hands-on exercises involving:
- Definition of Incipient Stage Fire
- Fire Classifications
- Fire Extinguisher Inspection, Selection and Use
- Fire Extinguisher Safety and P.A.S.S.
- 1 1/2" Hose line Deployment
- 20 lb. ABC Extinguishers
- 150 lb. Wheeled Extinguishers
- Live Fire Fighting Exercises
Foster Safety LLC or On-Site
See Training Calendar or Request