The Rescue/Stand-by Technician primary job function is to provide Technical and Confined Space Rescue, Stand-by and Emergency Medical Services for client sites and projects. This includes ALL Confined Space Rescue/Entry, Technical Rope Rescue and Emergency Medical Services within their certification. He/she will assist in site/hazard risk assessments, preparation of rescue and medical equipment, rescue planning and site- specific safety assessments to meet and exceed client’s site standards and procedures. In the case of an emergency or accident, the Rescue/Stand Technician will:
• Follow ALL client Site Rules and Procedures
• Locate the patient(s)
• Perform medical patient assessment for any injuries
• Stabilizes and package for extrication
• Transports patient(s) from hazardous environments
• Delivers patients to EMS for advanced medical attention and transportation
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform Expert Technical Rescue Skills & Techniques in case of an Emergency
• Site Hazard Assessments
• Daily Site/Job Safety Assessments
• Technical Rescue Plans and Development
• Inspection of rescue and safety equipment
• Expert knowledge of Rescue and Safety Equipment
• 4 and Specific Gas Monitoring Functions
• Expert knowledge of Breathing Air Systems for the company and client
• Familiar with Site Confined Space Supervisor, Entrant and Attendant Duties
• Being trained to inspect, calibrate and insure that all equipment used for entries are in proper working condition.
• Possesses critical reasoning skills and capable of applying them effectively in stressful situations.
• Displays confidence and accepts the challenge and high degree of responsibility entailed in this position.
• Demonstrate effective communication (verbal, written & listening) and interpersonal skills.
• Maintain and accurate inventories and document all rescue related equipment.
• May conduct general air quality monitoring and make recommendations for hazard control or personal protective equipment based on the interpretation of this data.
Skills & Abilities:
Foster Safety LLC Rescue/Stand-by Technicians must have the ability to operate as a team, manage and supervise entry personnel, implement client site-specific safety plans and maintain OSHA compliance.
Certificates, Licenses and Qualifications:
• 40- Hour Technical/Confined Space Rescue Certification
• ISTC Basic Plus and Confined Space Certification
• TWIC Card
• American Heart Association CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
• Valid driver’s license from state of residence
• Must possess good driving record and be insurable for Client On-Site Safety vehicle insurance while driving company truck
• Work under the direction of an experienced manager until they have mastered the required Technical Rescue skill-sets and demonstrated ability to perform them.
• All employee skills are evaluated by Casey Foster (Owner) and the Management Team Annually and as necessary.
• Combination of office and field / production environments.
• Some exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, outside and extreme weather conditions.
• Overnight Travel Required which includes driving long distances & lodging.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel,crawl or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
FOSTER SAFETY LLC EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $15.00 – $25.00 per hour