Fire Extinguisher/Fire Guard Course
Prerequisites: This course requires no prerequisites and meets and exceeds the standards set by OSHA 29 CFR 1910.157(g) requirements.
Objective: Familiarize employees with the general principles of fire extinguisher use and hazards involved with incipient stage fire fighting. Students will demonstrate the ability to select and safely use effectively a portable fire extinguisher in a controlled live-fire training exercise.
Format: Students will actively participate in an interactive lecture and hands-on exercises involving:
- Definition of Incipient Stage Fire
- Fire Classifications
- Fire Extinguisher Inspection, Selection, and Use
- Fire Extinguisher Safety and P.A.S.S.
- 1 1/2″ Hose line Deployment
- 20 lb. ABC Extinguishers
- 150 lb. Wheeled Extinguishers
- Live Fire Fighting Exercises
Location: Foster Safety LLC or On-Site
Dates: See Training Calendar or Request
*Breakfast, Lunch & Refreshments provided daily.